[Coin-lpsolver] optimality of a dual solution after rhs change

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 8 13:38:22 EST 2006

Stefan,

In my understanding the two methods you mention will re-compute the
reduced costs and duals for a new objective BUT it would be up to the user
to check whether the solution is still optimal.  The simplest function to
use is Clp's checksolution method.  If you modify the problem in any way
and then use getModelPtr() to get a Clp pointer then after
clpPpointer->checkSolution() you can check if the problem is still optimal
(and returned as such by OsiSolverInterface::isProvenOptimal).  You could
also interrogate such ClpSimplex functions as numberDualInfeasibiliies()
or sumDualInfeasibilities() or their primal counterparts for more subtle
information.

John Forrest

Stefan Vigerske <stefan at mathematik.hu-berlin.de>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
03/08/2006 12:39 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] optimality of a dual solution after rhs change

Hi,

I'm using CLP to generate cutting planes for a function which is the
minimum
of a linear program with varying right hand side.

I noticed that there are methods getReducedGradient and
setObjectiveAndRefresh
in OsiClpSolverInterface to check whether a primal solution (basis) is
still
optimal after a change of the objective function.
Similarly, I would like to know, if it is possible to check whether a dual

solution is still optimal after a change of the right-hand-side of the
primal
problem.

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics