[Coin-lpsolver] using windows for CLP

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 14 09:20:55 EDT 2006

>I’ve downloaded CLP files through .tar.
> I have C++ Visual Studio 6.
> I’m having trouble building the executables.
> I have the feeling everything is for Linux and I’m in Windows XP.

It is true that many Coin developers work on linux, but not all.
It is also a labor intensive manual process to keep the MS Visual Studio
workspace (solution) and project files up-to-date.
The project files can easily get out of sync when source files are added or
deleted.

I just:
- downloaded http://www.coin-or.org/Tarballs/Clp/Clp_2006Jul13.tgz
- unzipped the file
- opened the workspace Clp_2006Jul13\MSVisualStudio\v6\Clp\Clp.dsw with MS
Visual Studio Version 6.
and successfully built the Clp executable.

> Any hints?

See:
https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio
http://www.coin-or.org/Presentations/EURO06/tutorialPart2.ppt