[Coin-lpsolver] A simple bug

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 18 03:34:09 EDT 2006

Paulo,

I have fixed that (only in main branch) but other things will also be
reset.  This is because resolve checks if simplex interface enabled and if
so disables it, solvers and then enables it again which resets stuff.  So
your code is as efficient.

John Forrest

             "Paulo J. S.
             Silva"
             <pjssilva at ime.usp                                          To
             .br>                      coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
             coin-lpsolver-bou
             nces at list.coin-or                                     Subject
             .org                      [Coin-lpsolver] A simple bug

             08/17/06 09:45 AM

Hello,

I may have come across a small bug in CLP/Osi.

If I want to recover the number of iterations used by a "resolve" call
after a call to "enableSimplexInterface", I have to disable the
interface. That is I have to write a code like this:

disableSimplexInterface();
resolve();
nIter = getIterationsCount();
enableSimplexInterface(true);

instead of simply:

resolve();
nIter = getIterationsCount();

Is that the expected behavior?

Best,

Paulo
--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva
Professor Assistente do Dep. de Ciência da Computação

e-mail: pjssilva at ime.usp.br      Web: http://www.ime.usp.br/~pjssilva

Teoria é o que não entendemos o     (Theory is something we don't)
suficiente para chamar de prática.  (understand well enough to call
practice)