[Coin-lpsolver] Re: Coin-lpsolver Digest, Vol 12, Issue 4

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Oct 15 15:16:12 EDT 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Francois Margot wrote:

>> Message: 4
>> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:36:37 -0400 (EDT)
>> From: Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>
>> Subject: Re: [Coin-lpsolver] Re: Coin-lpsolver Digest, Vol 12, Issue 3
>> To: coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
>>

>> If your mail client supports it, read the digest in MIME format to see
>> attachments properly.  Set your preferences at
>> http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/listinfo/coin-lpsolver.  Or use mail
>> filters to collect list messages instead of digests.
>>

> And what about the Web interface of the COIN site? No way to get the complete
> messages archived?

Good point, now that you mention it.  Yes, there are apparently issues
with digesting and archiving mail in which the body is included in an
attachment.  There may be a fix for this in an upcoming version of
Mailman, but I don't know when/if we'll see that in the current Red Hat
Enterprise Linux offering.  There are other archiving programs available
that support Mailman, but I'm not in a position to try them out at this
point.  Maybe in the future...

Meanwhile, I'll urge list posters to make sure that their mail clients are
configured so that message bodies are in plain text (not HTML) and are not
wrapped in attachments.

I'll also urge text-mode digest readers to alter their subject lines when
they reply.  And I'll point out that replying to a digest rather than an
individual message (whether original or in a MIME-format digest) can break
threading in mail readers and in the archiver.

FWIW, I don't get the archive and I did see the complete versions of the
messages in question.  Also, although the bodies seem to be lost, the
actual patch file is intact in the archive.

> Francois

Your friendly neighborhood list administrator,

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu