[Coin-lpsolver] A question about optimal basis identification/purification

Yunpeng Pan yunpeng.pan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:41:09 EST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone use basis purification? In the barrier code example, I
notice the step to convert the optimal solution from the barrier
solver to an optimal basic solution. Could anyone give some
explanation of how this is done?

I need to apply purification in a somewhat unusual way. I'm interested
in the integer solution of (IP), which has LP relaxation (LP). (IP)
can also be reformulated using Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition, and I call
its LP relaxation (LP2). It is known that (LP) and (LP2) have the same
optimal objective value, but (LP2) can be solved more quickly than
(LP) using a fast column generation procedure. What I'm really
interested in is the optimal dual solution of (LP), but the optimal
solution to (LP2), which I get, is generally not a basic solution to
(LP). So, I'm thinking about using purification.

I'd appreciate any help from experts in the field. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Yunpeng Pan

Yunpeng Pan, PhD
Computer Scientist