[Coin-lpsolver] numberBasic<=model->maximumBasic()

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon May 2 15:12:13 EDT 2005

Jean-Sebastien,

The initialization of Clp should make sure their are not more basic
variables than the number of rows.  By line 147 it should be okay. I will
change assert to cleanup but I would like to know how it happens.

John Forrest.

Jean-Sebastien Roy <js at jeannot.org>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/02/2005 02:23 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] numberBasic<=model->maximumBasic()

Hi !

When re-solving linear programs using Clp after providing a WarmStart
information, I sometimes get:

assertion "numberBasic<=model->maximumBasic()" failed: file
"ClpFactorization.cpp", line 147

Could someone please explain me the meaning of this error ? I may be
misusing the WarmStart information, but the error seems very very rare.

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

js