[Coin-lpsolver] lloadProblem parameters

Kyle Ellrott kellrott at csbl.bmb.uga.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:39:56 EST 2005

> Can anyone tell me the format of the "start", "index" and "value"
> parameters
> that are passed to "loadProblem"? I want to use this form rather than
> the
> "CoinPackedMatrix" form.

I was asking a simular question last week about the
ClpPlusMinusOneMatrix passinCopy.  I got the following response:

John Forrest wrote:

You could use the constructor you mention.  If variable 0 has
coefficients +1, +1 in rows 7 and 10 and variable 1 has coefficients
-1, +1, -1 in rows 6 7 and 8 then startPositive starts out as 0,2,5 and
startNegative as 2,3 and indices would be 7,10,7,6,8 so it is a bit
like the normal CoinPackedMatrix without gaps and with starts for both
positives and negatives with positive first.

-=-=-

I would imagine that in a similar fashion, start is an array, one
element for each column in your matrix.  It points to positions in the
'index' and 'value' arrays.  So to look at all cells in column 5 you
look at 'index' and 'value' from start[5] to start[6].

Kyle