[Coin-lpsolver] quadratic programming help

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 27 17:59:51 EST 2005

François,

Help!  Quadratic is still very much beta - interior point being more
robust.  How much interest is there in Quadratic for Clp.  It sort of
works but I would need to go back to it and send a considerable amount of
time to get it in a really good state.  As I said,  at present interior
point is not too bad.  Dual simplex does not exist and really primal
simplex is a trial version of primal with a  nonlinear objective so can be
slow.

I can do documentation if there is interest, but some people may have
realized that that is not my strong point.  There is a bit of code in
Test/unitTest.cpp and since Tuesday testQP.cpp in Samples.

As to the second point the stand-alone clp can do quadratic if the mps
files are in QUADOBJ format i.e. QUADOBJ then objective before ENDATA.

John Forrest

François Galea <francois.galea at prism.uvsq.fr>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
01/27/2005 07:30 AM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] quadratic programming help

Hi,

Is there any documentation available for solving quadratic problems with
CLP ?

Is the use of the API necessary, or can the clp standalone program read
and solve QPs ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

François Galea.