[Coin-lpsolver] suspicious crash

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 14 12:25:47 EST 2005

Edwin,

Being too lazy and busy to try and get more information from you - and I
might not be able to reproduce it,  I accept the fix.  There is no
significant overhead in clearing an empty array.

John Forrest

"Edwin Straver" <edwin at solver.com>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
01/14/2005 12:06 PM

<coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] suspicious crash

Hi All,

I have a mixed integer problem, where, with some cuts turned on, using CBC
+ CLP, I get a crash in release mode.

When I debug, the assert in line 745 of ClpDualRowSteepest is raised a few
times.

When I change the code from:

CoinIndexedVector * rowArray3 = model_->rowArray(3);
assert (!rowArray3->getNumElements());

CoinIndexedVector * rowArray3 = model_->rowArray(3);
rowArray3->clear();
assert (!rowArray3->getNumElements());

it all works, but I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to
work....

Any thoughts?

Greetings, Edwin