[Coin-lpsolver] Coin-lpsolver, basis factorization

Gjelsvik Anders Anders.Gjelsvik at sintef.no
Mon Feb 21 08:52:16 EST 2005

Hi,

I am new to Coin-Clp. I am considering Coin-Clp for a case where many
almost similar LP problems are to be solved.
Here time can be saved by using the final basis from one problem as an
initial basis for the next. In most
cases, only the RHS differs, so the problem is suitable for a dual
algorithm.

I believe it is quite straightforward to have Clp start from a given
basis, one could say, from logical basis information.

My question is: Can  the numerical basis matrix factors be preserved
between successive calls, or will it be necessary
to carry out the numerical factorization anew for each model solved? I
would be grateful if somebody could answer.

Thanks in advance,
Anders
Anders Gjelsvik
Sintef Energy Research