[Coin-lpsolver] CBC Heuristic, how to implement?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 30 06:50:51 EST 2005

There is theoretically a way - I will get back to you when I have made
sure it may still work.

I have network problems so may be next year.

John Forrest

Ulrich Spoerlein <spoerlein at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
12/30/2005 05:15 AM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] CBC Heuristic, how to implement?

Hello all,

first of all, I have to apologize, as I dont know much about solving
MIPs, but I just need the optimal integer solution to one problem, so I
can compare it to my "integer heuristic".

Now the question is, can I use the solution of my heuristic to
kick-start the B&B algorithm? I know that an initial starting point for
the Simplex algorithm needs to obey certain rules, what's the deal with
B&B?

I took a look at CbcRounding, but am not able to figure out exactly how
to use this. Could you please describe in a few sentences which
functions to implement and which fields to set to the initial solution?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44  Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44