[Coin-lpsolver] Assertion failed in ClpSimplex

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 22 11:54:54 EDT 2005

Thanks to JP for pointing out problem.  NDEBUG is undeffed in
OsiClpSolverInterfaceTest.cpp but exceptions are not thrown (and less
checking is done) if NDEBUG is defined for OsiClpSolverInterface.cpp.  I
think I could cure for VC++ by modifying OsiClpSolverInterfaceTest.cpp but
it could break with right combination of options on gcc.

I always use -g on OsiClpSolverInterface.cpp so never ran into problem.

I have modified OsiClpSolverInterface.cpp so should work.  I can't see
there being any significant performance hit.

John Forrest

"E Bouillet" <ebouillet at hotmail.com>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
08/22/2005 02:16 AM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-lpsolver] Assertion failed in ClpSimplex

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I checked out the last version from CVS today, and compiled it using VC++
with the same compilation options that I used for an earlier version (/Ox
/EHsc /GR) downloaded about 2 weeks ago.
All the Clp/clp.exe and Cbc/cbc.exe tests are ok, but somehow now
Osi/unitTest.exe aborts at the begining of OsiClpSolverInterfaceUnitTest,
when invoking readMps. If I surround the readMps in a try/catch block and
catch the std::exception it read the file with 0 errors, and abort at the
next readMps. Printing the caught exception doesn't shed a light about its

cause. Unfortunately I don't have the debugger here, and that's as far as
could go for now.

I guess using VC++ doesn't make things any easier and it's possible that I

am missing some options when building the libraries, even though it used
work in the previous version.
Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!