[Coin-lpsolver] Assertion failed in ClpSimplex

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sat Aug 20 05:52:19 EDT 2005

I took out assert a few days ago.

"E Bouillet" <ebouillet at hotmail.com>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
08/19/2005 05:51 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Assertion failed in ClpSimplex

I am using Osi/Cbc/Clp in order to solve a weighted bin packing problem. I

use addColumn/addRow to generate the problem, do a writeMps to make sure
that it's correct, and solve it using branchAndBound - I am not an OR
expert, and I am not sure that I am using the OSI interface properly - but

that works for small problems.

However when I try a larger problem, it runs for a while, and I can see
that
it converges to an optimal solution, until it fails an assertion
(fabs(theta_)>1.0e-13) in ClpSimplex.cpp. Ignoring that assertion fail
doesn't seem to bother Clp, but I am wondering what is the impact of that
on
the solution and if this happens because I built the problem improperly. I

couldn't find anything in the recent coin-lpsolver archives about that and

would greatly appreciate any help.

The package is compiled for windows XP using VC++.

thanks!
eric,