[Coin-lpsolver] g++ seg. fault compiling Clp

Kish Shen ks15 at icparc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 10:56:54 EDT 2005

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your reply.

>The problem is gcc version 2.96. Try to upgrade your version of gcc, or
>your linux distribution.

I don't really have control over this, and most of the machines on our
network have a common setup to avoid version problems, and our system
manager is reluctant to upgrade this to a newer version.

In fact, we distribute our own software in binary form, and we specifically
compile and build the system with gcc 2.95.2 on even older Linuxes, so that
the binaries can run on a wide range of Linux versions.

>please have a look at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html

Thanks, this was helpful, as I didn't know that gcc-2.96 is unstable. I
reverted to using gcc-2.95.2 to build OSI, and I was able to compile
everything except OsiXpr, which I was able to compile with gcc-2.96.

Cheers,

Kish Shen