[Coin-lpsolver] Re: [Coin-bcpdiscuss] BAP question

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 19 10:05:08 EDT 2005

The OsiClp unit test was slightly broken and so was skipping dual ray
test.  Error shows up and I should have it fixed soon.

John Forrest

Matthew Galati <magh at lehigh.edu>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
04/18/2005 11:47 PM

coin-bcpdiscuss at list.coin-or.org, coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Re: [Coin-bcpdiscuss] BAP question

Peter,

It seems to be crashing because, after finding an LP to be infeasible (in
BCP_lp_fathom), it is asking CLP for a dual ray and sending this to
BCP_restore_feasibility - but CLP returns NULL for the dual ray.

Is anyone using BCP plus a recent version of CLP to do pricing?

Matt

Hi Peter,

I am sorry that the discussion list is not as active as you might hope. In
the future, if your question is not answered by bcpdiscuss, you should try
the general coin discussion list. There are only a few people on this
list, but many on coin-discuss.

I was able to repeat the error. It looks like the dual vector (pi) is NULL
at the point where it crashes. Last time I tried this (over one year ago),
it was working fine. So, something must have changed in BCP or CLP. When I
have some time, I will debug it and get back to you.

Thanks,
Matt

------------------------------
------------------------------

Yes the example is right one from the link. And I am using Linux,
By looking at the par.par file, it is using AAP_datafile
../Data/small/6.1.aap.
The reason I didn't put the question to the discussion list, no one
answers my previous questions.

Thanks,

Peter.

Sending this again.... this time I removed the long LOG file.

Matt

Hi Heesu,

I am forwarding your question to COIN's BCP discussion list. I have not
used BCP in a long time - and some things may have changed.

Can you tell us more about what type of environment you are running in
(Linux? Unix?), etc. Also, which example instance did you try?  Is this
the AAP_BP example from
http://sagan.ie.lehigh.edu/coin/COIN_EXAMPLES/AAP_BP/Doc/aap/index.html ?

I will try to repeat it when I have some free time. Has anyone else used
AAP_BP? Had any trouble?

Matt

--
Matthew Galati - Optimization Developer