[Coin-lpsolver] compiling Clp with Cygwin on Windows

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 31 15:40:16 EST 2004

Can you build one of the projects that links with coinLib.lib and
clpLib.lib?
The projects named SbbSamplesSample2 and osiUnitTest link with these
libraries.

If you can build one of these projects, then there is likely a difference
between the way you are building your application and the way
SbbSamplesSample2 is being built.
I would then investigate the settings of your project and the one
successfully buil, t to see what the differences are.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
(914)945-1324  (tie line 862-1324)
COIN www.coin-or.org

                      "Tina Li"
                      <thli at bioinformaticsSol        To:       J P Fasano/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
                      utions.com>                    cc:       <coin-lpsolver at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com>
                                                     Subject:  RE: [Coin-lpsolver] compiling Clp with Cygwin on Windows
                      03/31/2004 01:46 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I just read on the FAQ page that for Windows, "No
installation files are provided for now; follow the compilation procedure
of
the specific development environment you are using". Anyways, I downloaded
the full COIN source and built the library using the workspace and project
files in COIN/Win. But when I linked coinLib.lib and clpLib.lib (I'm only
using simple clp calls in the program) with my application it flagged the
following error:

"libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall
std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit at std@@QAE at XZ) already defined in
coinLib.lib(CoinPackedMatrix.obj)"

Should I disable some default library?

Thanks again,