[Coin-lpsolver] SBB Infeasibility (part 2)

Jean-Sebastien Roy js at jeannot.org
Wed Mar 24 14:27:26 EST 2004

Hi !

I'm still having problems with getting SBB to answer true to
isProvenInfeasible (I though it was solved last time, but it seems not.
Sorry !).

When I solve the attached problem with SBB:
$ /opt/js/devel/COIN/Sbb/sbb -
Default solver is clp
Switching to line mode
Sbb:import test6.mps
Coin0001I At line 2 NAME          test6
Coin0001I At line 3 ROWS
Coin0001I At line 8 COLUMNS
Coin0001I At line 22 RHS
Coin0001I At line 26 BOUNDS
Coin0001I At line 32 ENDATA
Coin0002I Problem test6 has 3 rows, 4 columns and 6 elements
Sbb:branch
Sbb0001I Search completed - best objective 1e+50, took 0 iterations and
0 nodes
No integer solution found.
Result 0 took 0.014839 seconds - total 0.019817

Since the test for isProvenInfeasible is:
   if (!status_ && bestObjective_==1.0e30)
     return true;
   else
     return false;

I see that bestObjective_ = 1e+50 so that isProvenInfeasible will not be
able to return true even if no integer solution were found.

Regards,

js