[Coin-lpsolver] Correct way to disable messages in Coin

Jean-Sebastien Roy js at jeannot.org
Mon Mar 22 13:57:07 EST 2004

John J Forrest wrote:
> One way is to override the message handler with one of you own - see
> COIN/Clp/Test/MyMessageHandler.cpp/.hpp.
>
> However looking at the code a much simpler way would be to allow you to
> set the level to -1.  Try changing line 253 of CoinMessageHandler.cpp to
> if (value >=-1) and then set the level to -1.  If that does what you want
> then I will put the change in cvs.

Thanks for your suggestion !

I may have made an error, but I changed the line, set the loglevel to
-1, and many more messages appeared like:
Clp0105I Pivot row 0
Clp0101I dirOut 1, dirIn 1, theta 1, out 2.1, dj 1, alpha -1
I suppose it may be debug messages.
(from line 406: if ((detail&logLevel_)==0))
Moreover, the previous messages did not disappear.

Regards,

js