[Coin-lpsolver] CLP broken

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 9 09:31:48 EST 2004

This time I have done a new checkout of all of Clp and it seems okay.  Now
if you want to use interior point (on anything but a toy problem) you need
-DREAL_BARRIER and extra header files.  I do not recommend using barrier
yet anyway.

I am trying to implement an interior point code but I do not intend to
write a Cholesky factorization so I am writing interfaces.  I have done
one to Wsmp by Anshul Gupta which is downloadable from IBM's alphaworks.
But I had trouble getting my RedHat 9 version to link so I cheated and
used the older version in OSL - so I left dangling references to OSL.  I
am also doing one to Taucs from Sivan Toledo as that seems to have a
reasonable licence.  However I forget that my header file included
taucs.h.

Does anyone know of other freely available Cholesky factorizations?