[Coin-lpsolver] Crash in BCP/CLP

Jörg Herbers herbers at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 06:30:48 EDT 2003

You're right. BCP imposes a bound on the objective, but in the next
iteration, the newly generated columns don't yield an improvement. In this
case, CLP returns an "empty" dual ray. With BCP_SolveLpToOptimality=1,
everything works.

Actually, I don't extract the rays for column generation. The problem with
the "empty" ray was in BCP when BCP_restore_feasibility tries to find an
indexed variable (which I use to guarantee that a feasible solution can
always be found) which cuts a dual ray.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Jörg