[Coin-lpsolver] [Bug?] Problem w. matrix construction

Michael Fölsl michael.foelsl at gmx.net
Mon Jun 23 08:33:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm currently trying to adapt Clp for some LP programs which use their
own wrapper for solvers (currently not OSI). They often
start by adding empty rows and columns and setting/changing the coefficients

later on in arbitrary order. However, when I try to do this I run on some
instances into  errors like this (tested under Linux):
-----
clp_test: CoinPackedMatrix.cpp:812: int*
CoinPackedMatrix::countOrthoLength()
const: Assertion `index_[j] < minorDim_ && index_[j]>=0' failed
Aborted
-----
I created a minimal sample (attached)  causing this problem, where I only
fill the matrix
and check countOrthoLength(). (Using the normal order works)

Is this a problem with modifyCoefficient()?

Thanks in any case,
Michael