[Coin-lpsolver] What is the best way of getting out N feasible extreme points?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sat Jul 12 13:12:16 EDT 2003

Yiming,

I am not sure what would be the simplest way to do what you want, but I
think the best way will be if I create a new class
ClpSimplexMessageHandler inheriting from CoinMessageHandler.  This would
have a pointer to simplex information plus a void pointer for user.  Then
when certain messages occur you could copy solution or basic information
across.  This would have more general uses than your particular need.
There are some issues like what happens if scaling is on.

If you give me more details then I can use that as part of the unit test,
and I can probably address scaling issue.

On your other question - Presolve obviously gets rid of redundant rows but
it may do too much.  Coding in ClpSimplex::tightenPrimalBounds identifies
many redundancies (but does nothing about them as it is not going to take
them out).  It would be simple to write something to create a new model
without those rows.