[Coin-lpsolver] CLP on a 64 bit platform

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 13 06:49:03 EDT 2003

It should not be too difficult to port but you may need some help.  Clp
should work on all platforms and I will make sure it does.

All my work on this will be on the "pre' development branch.

For moment I have added some tests such as #ifdef INT_IS_8 - does anyone
know if there is a automatic compiler flag like __64BIT__?

For CoinFactorization I have used #ifdef.  In some other places I have
changed code so it "may" be correct while in other cases I have taken out
asserts - however you will lose a bit of memory for now as only 32 bits of
64 will be used.  This can be fixed later.

Does anyone know if I can force int to be treated as long on AIX?  Then I
could debug it there.