[CHiPPS] Informations about CHiPPS

Pierre-Antoine LEFRANC p-antoine.lefranc at etu.isima.fr
Tue Feb 18 10:47:49 EST 2020

Hello,

Me and my partner are students in a french informatic school, and we are working on implementing the column generator algorithm in Blis module. In order to do so, we are trying to understand the branch-and-cut algorithm, already implemented.

And yet, despite of several hours of reading, we have difficulty to understand how objects work or are linked, and eveything that must be initialized and how.

As an exemple, we are trying to solve a little problem, created in hard in the BlisMain.cpp file, and using the function resolve() of a BlisModel. It doesn't work and we haven't seen yet from where it could come from. Maybe from the Solver. We tried to used the broker, but it seems we are using it the wrong way.

So we would like to know if anyone have a more precise exemple than the one in the BlisMain.cpp ? An exemple that could show us wich objects use, how to initialize them, and how to resolve a linear problem in a basic way.

We joined our exemple, written in the BlisMain.cpp.

Best regards
Letourmy Bastien
Lefranc Pierre-Antoine