[CHiPPS] About change Search strategy In Alps

化高峰 shimuxi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 20:32:44 EDT 2013

Dera Sir,
            I am trying to change search strategy in Alps.
            Here is the idea, at first I use best-first, after 3 minutes, change to depth-first.
            I use the code bellow to do this:

            if(treeSelection_->getType() == 0)
         {
            if(timer_.getWallClock() >= 180)
            {
                treeSelection_ = new AlpsTreeSelectionDepth;
                nodeSelection_ = new AlpsNodeSelectionDepth;
                subTreePool_->setComparison(*treeSelection_);
                workingSubTree_->nodePool()->setNodeSelection(*nodeSelection_);
            }
        }

              I add this code in the loops 'while(true)' of masterMain, hubMain and workerMain in AlpsKnowledgeBrokerMPI.cpp.

           But, the result is Segmentation fault in rank 0.

            Here is the question,
            First, could I change search strategy like this?
            Second, if I could do this, is there any code else I should change?
            Or is there other ways to change search strategy when the searching still is running?

    Best wishes