[CHiPPS] Problem about search Strategy Hybrid of Alps

化高峰 shimuxi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:11:51 EDT 2012

Dear Processors,
                I am now recording the node information of Alps processed
nodes.
                But, when using search strategy Hybrid, I can't understand
something happened bellow:

    activeNode_ = nodeSel->selectNextNode(this);

        switch (activeNode_->getStatus())
        {
        case AlpsNodeStatusPregnant:
            if (depth < activeNode_->getDepth() + 1)
            {
                depth = activeNode_->getDepth() + 1;
            }
            std::cout<<"index before create
"<<activeNode_->getIndex()<<std::endl; // I add this
            nodeSel->createNewNodes(this, activeNode_);
            std::cout<<"index after create
 "<<activeNode_->getIndex()<<std::endl; // I add this

   I find the index of the activeNode_ has changed. But other search
strategy does not.
   I looked at the createNowNodes() function of hybrid search stategy,
   but did't find any where the value of activeNode_ changed.

  Why the activeNode_ changed?
  If it is programmed to be so, how can I get the information of the
original activeNode_ after createNewNodes(children's index for example)?

 Thank you very much!
 Best wishes!