[CHiPPS] Problem Of Node And Tree Selection And How To Define A Hybrid strategy

Yan Xu Yan.Xu at sas.com
Mon Feb 27 10:01:35 EST 2012

See answers below.
Best,
-Yan

From: chipps-bounces at list.coin-or.org [mailto:chipps-bounces at list.coin-or.org] On Behalf Of ???
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:50 AM
To: chipps at list.coin-or.org
Cc: geogrid at gmail.com
Subject: [CHiPPS] Problem Of Node And Tree Selection And How To Define A Hybrid strategy

Dear Professors,
       First according to my understanding, when doing a tree search,
       Alps will firstly choose a sub tree, then process the nodes of this sub tree.
       When this sub tree is fathom Alps will choose another sub tree.
       So there have to be tree selection strategy and node selection strategy.
       And for example, when we choose a sub tree using best-first,
       still, we can use depth-first to choose next node.
       Am I right?
>> Right now , you have to change source code to do this (AlpsKnowledgeBroker.cpp).
       But why the Hybrid strategy doesn`t have a tree selection strategy?
 >> Because Hybrid’s tree strategy is the same as the Best first
       Second, I am thinking about defining another Hybrid search strategy.
       Can you give me some suggestions on how to define it?
>> Follow the rules in files AlpSearchStrategy.h/cpp and AlpsKnowledgeBroker.cpp

   May you best wishes.