[CHiPPS] Blis and branch-and-price

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:13:21 EDT 2008

Dear Alps/Bcps/Blis developers,

I downloaded, compiled and played around with Blis trunk today and I am
seriously impressed.  Everything behaves as expected, the parallel mode
with mpich2 works, and the output looks as beautiful as it does with
Cplex ;-)

   However, I wonder if branch-and-price is possible using Blis.  I
though if it is, the BlisModel class must contain the necessary methods
but while it contains a lot of methods to handle cuts, there are no
methods to create variables in the branch and bound tree.  Is this true
or do I miss something obvious?

   Also, in case branch-and-price is possible, is there an example or a
particular source file I can get some further information as to how
setup the problem?

Thanks,
Sebastian