[Cgl] duplicate cuts

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 10 14:45:50 EST 2009

You guessed correctly.  Becuase of the mulitple ways to find covers and
the multiple ways to lift you can easily get duplicates.

If you'd like a no-dup option as a future enhancement, pls post a ticket
to the Cgl ticketing system. https://projects.coin-or.org/Cgl/report/1

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer, PhD
Program Manager, COIN-OR
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Matthew Galati <magh at lehigh.edu>
Sent by: cgl-bounces at list.coin-or.org
08/09/2009 09:35 AM

cgl <cgl at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Cgl] duplicate cuts

Is it a bug or a feature if in one pass of CGL Knapsack I get back the
same cut more than once? I am guessing there are different methods for
generating and lifting and it is possible to generate the same cut twice -
and that the generator itself does not check for dups? i.e., it leaves
that up to the client?

Or, if I see duplicate cuts, should I suspect a bug (either in CGL or in
my use of it)?

Thanks,
Cgl mailing list
Cgl at list.coin-or.org