[Cgl] Re: Numerical precision in cut generators

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 20 09:45:51 EDT 2006

In July,  Francois proposed using standard variables for handling
numerican precision, e.g.,
   EPS: Precision of double computations. Default value: 1e-7.

I agree - we should have a standard. It makes a lot of sense.

The list of standards he proposed was based on CglRedSplit, and CglGomory.
 It seemed a bit of overkill to me, but if  they were necessary/useful for
Gomory and RedSplit then it seems a reasonable list to begin.

----> Does anyone else have any thoughts/comments?

Silence will be taken as thunderous approval, and the next step would be
asking each CG-maintainer to update their CG.

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org