[Cbc] Github Discussions for Cbc

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Sep 3 14:18:25 EDT 2020

Hi all,

As you may have heard, Github has been developing a new feature called
Discussions that is being beta-tested on select repositories. I'm happy to
announce that after some pestering, Cbc has been invited to be one of those
repositories! We envision Discussions as a way of eventually moving the
kinds of conversations that currently take place on this list serve
directly to where development is taking place, on Github!

To take this thing for a test drive, please go to

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/discussions
<https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/discussions/331>

to post there what you would otherwise post to this list serve. Discussions
is a place to connect with other members of our community on topics not
suited for opening an Issue. We hope that you:

   - Ask questions you’re wondering about.
   - Share ideas.
   - Engage with other community members.
   - Welcome others and are open-minded. Remember that this is a community
   we
   build together 💪.

To get started, you can check out

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/discussions/331

and comment with an introduction of yourself to tell us about what you do
with this community. Thanks and see you over at Github!

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering