[Cbc] Issue while Installing Cbc on docker image

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Mar 4 11:23:03 EST 2020

By the way, there are some linux binaries here:

https://bintray.com/coin-or/download/Cbc/2.10.4

but they may not be that portable. It's probably difficult to build
portable shared libraries. We did have a request to build fully statically
linked binaries, which I finally figured out how to do and could add to the
binary build. Generally, I haven't had many complaints about Linux
binaries, but if you let me know what you need, we can work on it.

By the way, there is a pre-built docker image with the full optimization
suite installed here:

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/tkralphs/coinor-optimization-suite

Is this helpful? Right now, it's only got the master versions of all
projects, but could work on one with releases. This seems like the easiest
way to avoid building from scratch each time. I guess you can also post a
docker image, though.

Cheers,

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering