[Cbc] Multi Solutions for an LP solve using CBC solver

Aby Subin aby.subin at nutanix.com
Sun Mar 1 11:57:29 EST 2020

Hi all,

As per the https://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/cbc/2012-February/000766.html,
we are supporting multiple solutions in CBC. But on trying out a
sample/test lp file, it is not working as expected
(tried with both disabling and enablign options for  preprocessing, heur,
cutoff). The LP file content is as follows:
"

\Problem name:

Minimize

obj: 2 x0 + 5 x1 + 3 x2

Subject To

cons0:  x0 + x1 + x2 = 1

Bounds

 0 <= x0 <= 1

 0 <= x1 <= 1

 0 <= x2 <= 1

End

"

I was testing the same using CBC shell command. The list of commands tries
out as follows

Coin:import test.lp

Coin:maxSaved 3

maxSavedSolutions was changed from 0 to 3

Coin:cuts off

Option for cutsOnOff changed from on to off

Coin:heur off

Option for heuristicsOnOff changed from on to off

Coin:preprocess off

Option for preprocess changed from sos to off

Coin:solve

Presolve 0 (-1) rows, 0 (-3) columns and 0 (-3) elements

Empty problem - 0 rows, 0 columns and 0 elements

Optimal - objective value 2

After Postsolve, objective 2, infeasibilities - dual 0 (0), primal 0 (0)

Optimal objective 2 - 0 iterations time 0.002, Presolve 0.00

Coin:solu bestSol.txt

Coin:nextB 1bestSol.txt

All alternative solutions printed

Could you please let me know on where I am missing the solutions?

Regards

Aby