[Cbc] A question about cbc performance

Hao Jiang jianghaohku at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:14:22 EDT 2020

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right channel for asking this question, if not,
please let me know.

I was running the CBC MILP Solver Version: 2.10.5 on a large problem with
size
'''
Cbc0038I Full problem 906177 rows 453137 columns, reduced to 145634 rows
122769 columns
'''

After running for a while, the last few rows of the output are:

'''
Cbc0012I Integer solution of -896 found by RINS after 0 iterations and 0
nodes (3925.46 seconds)

 Warning: Not enough memory to allocate s_graph->even_adj_list

 Cannot proceed with 0-1/2 cut separation
'''

I have very limited experience with MILP and CBC. Does the logging messages
above mean that the problem is too big for CBC to handle? If yes, then are
there some general guidelines on the things I might try to make CBC work on
this MILP problem?

Moreover, I assume that the answer to my next question depends on each
particular problem, but is there some rough guideline on what is the size
of the largest MILP problems CBC can handle?

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Any
advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hao