[Cbc] unable to build - svn externals broken, coinbrew broken ?

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Wed Jan 22 11:36:02 EST 2020

Hi,

On 1/22/20 5:03 PM, Ted Ralphs wrote:
> I guess this is because the capability to build all projects without
> installing depends on being able to find the .pc files for the uninstalled
> packages. The configure script used to take care of building the pkg-config
> search path so that the uninstalled packages could be found, but we now
> finished a complete re-implementation and simplification of the build
> harness (which is the reason for the changes you observed) and it no longer
> builds that search path automatically.
>
> A relatively easy fix would be to build the search path within coinbrew
> itself, since coinbrew knows where the uninstalled packages are. The only
> problem is that I noticed cbc-uninstalled.pc is no longer produced. Without
> that, I guess there is no way to support building all packages before
> installing anything. I personally think this is something we should
> support. Stefan, what is your thinking?

No, it's configure && build && test && install, for each project. I
think we also had discussed this before. coinbrew was supposed to call
the make install with sudo if $prefix was not writable.
Since the travis jobs are working, I thought that coinbrew indeed
installs a dependency before building the next one.

Stefan

> [...]
>>
>> made me try it out with installation, e.g. build install
>>
>> ../coinbrew build install Cbc --enable-cbc-parallel --verbosity=4 --test
>> --prefix=/opt/msp/cbc-trunk-2020-01-22 --no-prompt
>>

>> Now it progresses beyond Osi compile and install, but fails on Clp.
>>

>> This on Fedora release 30 (Thirty).
>>

>> /bin/ld: /opt/msp/cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/lib/libcoinmumps.so: undefined
>> reference to `dcopy_'
>> /bin/ld: /opt/msp/cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/lib/libcoinmumps.so: undefined
>> reference to `dger_'
>> /bin/ld: /opt/msp/cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/lib/libcoinmumps.so: undefined
>> reference to `idamax_'
>> /bin/ld: /opt/msp/cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/lib/libcoinmumps.so: undefined
>> reference to `dgemv_'
>> make[2]: *** [Makefile:916:clp] Error 1
>>

>> So there is definitely something wrong with build only without install.
>>

>> Next step was to exclude mumps using --without-mumps, because it failed on
>> linking within the Mumps part.
>>
>> It compiled and installed fine !
>>

>> So i think the build only brewcoin does not work and mumps has some issues
>> in current trunk too.
>>

>> Pieter
>>

>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
>>
>> *Pieter Zieschang*
>>

>> *Modis IT Outsourcing GmbH*
>> Atriumstraße 1, 04315 Leipzig
>>
>> Amtsgericht Düsseldorf: HRB 78227
>> Geschäftsführer: Martin Wimmer, Jörg Brinkmann
>>
>> ito.modis.de
>>

>> From:        "Stefan Vigerske" <svigerske at gams.com>
>> To:        "Pieter Zieschang" <pieter.zieschang at modis.de>,
>> cbc at list.coin-or.org
>> Date:        22.01.2020 14:12
>> Subject:        Re: [Cbc] unable to build - svn externals broken,
>> coinbrew broken ?
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> it looks like the install of CoinUtils didn't run through.
>> coinbrew should build and install CoinUtils before configuring Osi.
>> In the pieces from the log you posted, I only see "..." where the
>> CoinUtils install should have been.
>>
>> Cbc requires Osi, there is no way to build Cbc without it.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> On 1/22/20 12:07 PM, Pieter Zieschang wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Coin-CBC seems to be broken for building.
>>>

>>> svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cbc/trunk/
>>>
>>> does not contain the externals anymore and directory structure seems to
>>> have changed, so the old simple way of just building Cbc does not work
>>> anymore
>>>
>>> which was:
>>>
>>> cd build
>>> ../configure --enable-cbc-parallel --prefix=/opt/cbc-trunk
>>> make && make test && make install
>>>

>>> Unfortunately coinbrew fails too, building CoinUtils and then missing it
>>> !?
>>>

>>> mkdir Cbc-trunk-2020-01-22
>>> cd Cbc-trunk-2020-01-22
>>> ../coinbrew fetch Cbc:trunk --verbosity=2 --no-prompt
>>> ../coinbrew build Cbc --verbosity=4 --test

>>> '/home/xxx/Cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/build/CoinUtils/master/src'
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> '/home/xxx/Cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/build/CoinUtils/master/src'
>>> make[1]: Entering directory
>>> '/home/xxx/Cbc-trunk-2020-01-22/build/CoinUtils/master'
>>> make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory