[Cbc] Interpreting output close to 1 or 0, but not 1 or 0

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Jan 21 22:04:08 EST 2020

Hi Daniel,

Using the same tolerance as Cbc itself would be the best strategy. The
integer tolerance is set to 1e-6 by default, but can be changed manually.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 8:24 AM Daniel Grace <danwgrace at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that CBC sometimes outputs values, from a MIP, very close, but
> not equal to 1 or 0. When interpreting the variable value from CBC as a 1
> or 0, but 1 or 0 is not outputted, what is a good tolerance to use i.e.
> with a tolerance of 0.00001?
>
> if (x > 0.99999)
>   x = 1;
> else if (x < 0.00001)
>   x = 0;
>
> Thanks

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted