[Cbc] Issue with multithread

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Sep 18 14:42:00 EDT 2019

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have the threads option,"  but you
probably need to set the number of threads to get it to run in parallel. I
believe it runs sequential by default, even when built with threads.

Ted

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 1:08 PM Haroldo Gambini Santos <haroldo at ufop.edu.br>
wrote:

> Hi
> >

> > I am using cbc inside python.
> >
> Calling how ? Which framework ?
> >
> > And I want to use the multi thread option
> >
> > I have the threads option. And I even tried to re-compile the code
> > with the multi threading option
> >
> OS ? Compiler ?
> >

> > But still. When the preparation phase is over the threads are not
> > created and the main process is handling in wait till I kill it.
> >
> How far the search went ?  While solving the LP relaxation only one
> thread is used. Only in the branch and bound multiple threads are used.
> >

> > Please assist

> --
> Haroldo Gambini Santos
> Computing Department
> Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
> email: haroldo at ufop.edu.br
> home/research page: www.decom.ufop.br/haroldo
>

> It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely
> the most important.
> -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case of Identity"

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted