[Cbc] 2.10 version on Ubuntu

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Sep 10 12:53:23 EDT 2019

Just to close the loop, I made some additional improvements based on JP's
feedback. ldconfig is now run automatically after the install on Linux
whenever the install directory is not writable. It turns out that ldconfig
is run automatically by libtool EXCEPT in the case of installing a
directory that is in the system default library path. There doesn't seem to
be a very good reason for this, but that's what it is.

I added some additional output explaining this and also changed the default
verbosity level to 1 to remove some of the visual chaff.

By the way, another useful tidbit is that the default version that is
fetched is the git master version, which is the development version (under
our current workflow). The script now suggests that you might want to try
the latest release, which you can get with

coinbrew fetch Cbc:releases/2.10.3 --no-prompt

Have fun!

Cheers,

Ted