[Cbc] 2.10 version on Ubuntu

JP Fasano jpfasano at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:28:32 EDT 2019

Hi Ted,

Everything is now building and running.
A huge thank you for your help.

After successfully doing the install with

sudo ./coinbrew install Cbc

the cbc standalone executable was not running (even after rebooting the
machine).
Here is what happened:

jpfasano at WitOpenSource:~/coinCbc$ cbc
cbc: error while loading shared libraries: libCbcSolver.so.0: cannot open

After googling around I found that the command

sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v

fixed the problem (web page link
<https://itsfoss.com/solve-open-shared-object-file-quick-tip/>).

So in summary, these are the commands that worked for me (with a lot of
your help) to checkout and build Cbc:

   - wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/coin-or/coinbrew/master/coinbrew
   - chmod +x coinbrew
   - ./coinbrew fetch Cbc
   - ./coinbrew build Cbc --no-prompt --prefix=/usr/local
   - sudo ./coinbrew install Cbc
   - sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v

Thanks. I don't think I could have figured this out without your help.

JP