[Cbc] Why unmaintained OsiCbc?

Haroldo Gambini Santos haroldo at ufop.edu.br
Sun Nov 17 17:45:41 EST 2019

My impression is that OSI interfaces are only well maintained for linear
programming solvers. Why ?  MIP solvers have much more configuration
options and OSI 1.0 did not evolve to cope with these things. More
specifically to OsiCbc,  I think that we don't have anyone working
actively on it. I think that OSI 2.0 developers are investing now more
on MIP.

Regarding the use of CbcMain0 and CbcMain1 instead of branch and bound
of CbcModel:  the performance of the pure branch and bound (without cuts
and well tuned heuristics) is horrible. A good set of parameter settings
is maintained in CbcMain0 and CbcMain1  ( the recommended way of calling
cbc, which includes the same configuration of the standalone command
line solver).

Cheers