[Cbc] Cbc incorrect concludes integer infeasible for MIQP

Jan-Willem Goossens jhmgoossens at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 15:42:03 EST 2019

Hi,

I’m using CBC 2.10.3 to solve the attached small MIQP (MIP with quad objective), but the solution is reported as “Integer infeasible”, which is not correct.

The actual solution is x1=1, x2=1, with obj value -7.5. Continuous relaxation solution is x1 = 0.66, x2 = 1.333  with obj value -8.22222. See https://www.inverseproblem.co.nz/OPTI/index.php/Probs/MIQP

The command I use is
cbc -import testmiqp.mps -minimize -solve -solution sol.txt

The output shows interesting lines:
                […]
Clp0000I Optimal - objective value -7.5
Cbc0012I Integer solution of -7.5 found by feasibility pump after 0 iterations and 0 nodes (0.00 seconds)
Cbc0001I Search completed - best objective -7.5, took 0 iterations and 0 nodes (0.00 seconds)
Cbc0035I Maximum depth 0, 0 variables fixed on reduced cost
Clp0006I 0  Obj -7.5
Clp0000I Optimal - objective value -7.5
obj -7.5
Continuous objective value is -9 - 0.00 seconds
Testing OsiObject options 0
Cbc0006I The LP relaxation is infeasible or too expensive
[…]

So Feasibility Pump finds the integer solution with obj value -7.5, but then reported Continuous objective value of -9 seems incorrect.

How can I solve this MIQP with cbc?

Many thanks for any help.

Jan-Willem