[Cbc] Invalid intermediate solutions in callback

Gleb Belov gleb.belov at monash.edu
Tue May 28 23:35:27 EDT 2019

Hi,

I catch intermediate solutions in MyEventHandler3::event(...) using the
code originally derived from driver4.cpp:

  // If in sub tree carry on
  if (!model_->parentModel()) {
    if (whichEvent==solution||whichEvent==heuristicSolution) {

Now for this example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r2mgk33xiu0r95/parity__cbcWrongIntermSol.mps.gz?dl=0,
CBC says:

Cbc0038I Initial state - 26 integers unsatisfied sum - 13

Cbc0038I Solution found of 0

Cbc0038I Cleaned solution of 0
Cbc0038I Before mini branch and bound, 67 integers at bound fixed and 1
continuous
Cbc0038I Mini branch and bound did not improve solution (0.00 seconds)
Cbc0038I After 0.00 seconds - Feasibility pump exiting with objective of 0
- took 0.00 seconds

The problem is, the 'solution of 0' mentioned above is sent to the callback
where it is recognized as feasible.

Best regards,

--
Dr Gleb Belov       Monash University      +61 3 9903 1622