[Cbc] MIPLIB2017 library and CBC

Joshua Friedman crowneagle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:56:43 EST 2019

One of my MIPs from a research project was included in the benchmark set
for the MIPLIB2017 library. Though they classify it as easy (when solved
with Gurobi) it takes 20-100 times longer with CBC (even using many
parallel threads) with the base heuristic options.
Here is a link:
https://miplib.zib.de/instance_details_academictimetablesmall.html

I have two questions.
A. Do you know of heuristic options that I could use with CBC to
significantly speed up CBCs solving of this problem?
B. Do you have a list of heuristics that you are working on to speed up CBC?

As an academic, I would much rather use an open source solver in my papers
but have not found it possible yet.
Thanks

--
Joshua Friedman PhD