[Cbc] Interactivity questions

Jonathan Lee jonathan.lee.975 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:53:56 EST 2019

I have a few questions about using the CbcModel (C++) class interactively,
if that's even possible:

   1. Is there any way to interrupt the solver? ex., a user clicks a
   "cancel" button I'd like the CbcModel::branchAndBound method to exit.
   Currently I'm just killing the thread it is running in.
   2. Can I feed the solver a (non-optimal) solution for any performance
   gain? I've seen some things about setHotStart and setBestSolution, but no
   clear example or documentation. Do either one of these do what I want?
   3. Is there any way to resume after a timeout? Or after setting (and
   reaching) a max number of solutions? If the previous question is workable,
   then I suppose I could use the most recent solution, but might still lose
   some work since the last solution was found. Is there a way to totally
   store the state and resume?

Thanks in advance for any help
--Jonathan