[Cbc] Branching Heuristic Resources

James Vance james.dvance at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 07:57:30 EST 2019

Hi, I wanted to follow up on the post below - it was a data issue, not a
CBC issue.

Further question - I've read through the documentation and understand I can
modify the CbcModel class to pass "when to branch" parameters.* Is there a
good resource for understanding branching heuristics for speeding up solve
times? *

Thanks,
James
When working with the maxSolutions parameter (say maxSolutions=3), CBC
often returns solutions that don't meet every constraint. If I let the
solver run without specifying maxSolutions the solution it returns meet
every constraint.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon and is there a way to check constraints
before returning solutions?