[Cbc] Embedding CBC in Windows SW

Juhani Miettunen juhani.miettunen at piimega.fi
Wed Aug 14 04:13:08 EDT 2019

Hello all,

We have a sawmill ERP SW product done with Microsoft tools. Programming
language is C#. A new feature for the product requires mixer integer
optimization with linear constraints and quadrative objective (least
squares). Problem is small, tens of variables and constraints.

CBC solves the problem nicely. I have done testing using NEOS and AMPL
model.

Now we need to integrate CBC in our C# SW. Using AMPL as an interface is
commercially not an option. Other modeling languages might be possible but
quite hard to manipulate. Amount and contents of variables and constraints
vary quite a bit depending on the exact case inside the SW. OSI format
based on .nl might be possible but probably even harder to manage.

Forming the needed matrices in our SW might be the easiest way.

What are the available options for embedding CBC in our SW?

Any good advice how to go forward with CBC.

Kind Regards,

Juhani