[Cbc] Error when running coinbrew build command

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Aug 5 23:58:49 EDT 2019

Generally speaking, what can/should be installed is everything in

build/include
build/share
build/lib
build/bin

However, you cannot really just copy these files over. Some will not work
correctly if relocated (for example, the .pc files will have incorrect
paths). There is a final install step that can be executed if you want them
to end up in a system directory. If you add something like

--prefix=/usr/local

to the build command, e.g.,

./coinbrew build --prefix=/usr/local

then you will be able to install in /usr/local with

sudo ./coinbrew install Cbc

For technical reasons, I'm planning to combine these two steps in the near
future so that each project will be installed before the next one is built.

I don't think it's easily possible to install in the directories you
suggest at the moment. Everything should be installed in the same root
directory, e.g., /usr or /usr/local/. As far as I know, you can't install
libraries in one directory and header files in another with the autotools.

Ted

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 8:59 AM Daniel Grace <danwgrace at gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to compile / make install CLP and CBC from source. I'm wondering
> is there anything special I have to do with the resulting files, other
> than (sudo) copy the...
> - library files ".so" to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
> - package config files ".pc" to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig"
> - header file ".hpp" to "/usr/include/coin"
> - executables to "/usr/bin" ?
>
> I.e. is there a script that will do this for me?

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted