[Cbc] Error when running coinbrew build command

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Aug 4 10:32:10 EDT 2019

Yeah, I was going to say exactly the same thing. You can also check out
releases with coinbrew:

coinbrew fetch Cbc:releases/2.10.3

At some point soon, the monolithic builds that allow source tarballs to be
built without coinbrew will go away, so using coinbrew is definitely
preferred.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 6:03 AM Stefan Vigerske <stefan at math.hu-berlin.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looks like it tries to build the development-version of CoinUtils and
> someone put some some C++11 into code there. However, that warning
> didn't make that build fail, but there must have been some error before
> "The end of the output is:".
>
> coinbrew fetch Cbc:stable/2.10
> should give you a stable Cbc version, including its dependencies, which
> include Clp.
>
> Or you an take the latest release tarball:
> https://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Cbc/Cbc-2.10.3.tgz
>
> Stefan
>
> On 8/4/19 12:17 AM, Daniel Grace wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Before installing CBC I tried to install CLP. The fetch command worked
> ok.
> > But I got some errors when running the following build command:
> > daniel at Gornvix ~/Documents/COINOR $ . coinbrew build Clp --test
> >
> > The end of the output is:
> > /home/daniel/Documents/COINOR/CoinUtils/CoinUtils/src/bron_kerbosch.cpp:
> In
> > function 'void bron_kerbosch_algorithm(BronKerbosch*, const
> > ArrayOfVertices*, ListOfVertices*, ArrayOfVertices*)':
> >
> /home/daniel/Documents/COINOR/CoinUtils/CoinUtils/src/bron_kerbosch.cpp:307:31:
> > warning: range-based 'for' loops only available with -std=c++11 or
> > -std=gnu++11
> >           for(const size_t &v : P_excluding_N_u) {
> >                                 ^
> > Makefile:709: recipe for target 'bron_kerbosch.lo' failed
> > make[2]: *** [bron_kerbosch.lo] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/daniel/Documents/COINOR/build/CoinUtils/src'
> > Makefile:527: recipe for target 'all' failed
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/daniel/Documents/COINOR/build/CoinUtils/src'
> > Makefile:436: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > I am running on Linux Mint 18.3.
> >
> > Thanks

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted