[Cbc] Include or linker error

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sat Aug 3 16:44:52 EDT 2019

It would be helpful if you would say what version of Cbc you are using,
what OS, how you installed it, etc. It seems likely that you are just using
an older version where that function didn't exist. As Haroldo said,
installing the source with coinbrew would probably solve your issues.

Ted

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 3:57 PM Haroldo Gambini Santos <
haroldo.santos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it would be better to install CBC from source using the coinbrew
> script.
>
> https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc
>
> --
> Haroldo Gambini Santos
> Computing Department
> Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
> email: haroldo at ufop.edu.br
>         Haroldo.GambiniSantos at cs.kuleuven.be
> home/research page: www.decom.ufop.br/haroldo
>

> It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely
> the most important.
> -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case of Identity"
>
> On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, Daniel Grace wrote:
>
> > I have narrowed down the problem. The "Cbc_addCol" function is not in
> the "coin"
> > directory. i.e. the following command yields no results:
> > daniel at Gornvix /usr/include/coin $ grep -rw 'Cbc_addCol' .
> >
> > Contrast this with a function reference that does compile:
> > daniel at Gornvix /usr/include/coin $ grep -rw 'Cbc_getColSolution' .
> > ./Cbc_C_Interface.h:    Cbc_getColSolution(Cbc_Model * model)
> >
> > So it would appear that I don't have a full installation of CBC. These
> are the
> > COIN-OR packages that I have installed:  Coinor-cbc, Coinor-clp,
> Coinor-libcbc3,
> > Coinor-ligcgl1, Coinor-ligclp1, Coinor-libcoinmp1v5,
> Coinor-libcoinutils3v5,
> > Coin-libosi1v5

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted