[Cbc] IPOPT for Excel = OpenSolver

Andrew Mason a.mason at auckland.ac.nz
Sun May 13 18:33:56 EDT 2018

Raimund wrote:
> I have also no option to participate, but would like to encourage
> participants to work out means under Windows and cygwin to code an ipopt
> problem in a DLL which can then be accessed by EXCEL which feeds in
> constants and data and retrieves the solution vectors. Such the
> numerical power of ipopt could be merged with the ease of data entering,
> plotting, presentation and further manipulation under EXCEL.
This already exists for Windows Excel, in the form of OpenSolver,
https://opensolver.org, which has been developed by my students now for
some years. We parse the Excel formulae and convert them into equations
for the solver (not always successfully, thanks to the complexity of
Excel; this could be something we improve at the workshop). We support a
wide range of solvers, including COUENNE and BONMIN which are built on
IPOPT. We'd welcome your feedback, Raimund.

Andrew

PS: SolverStudio, http://solverstudio.org, also makes IPOPT available in
Excel.